Pages

Wednesday 10 June 2015

 One bedroom off the hallway was converted into an office. This room was filled with boxes of craft items, art supplies,  scrap booking supplies and photos. My computer sat on a desk but it was hard to reach due to the boxes. This was the room where many things were thrown in to be organized later. Included in the quagmire of items was a photo album given to my family by my grandmother. It included all the photos of us that we had given to her since we were kids. The album was organized by person, each of my four siblings and myself. There was school pictures of all of my four brothers and sisters and myself. The album was to.be passed around to all of my family.

At that time digital photos was new technology. Cameras held digital photos on a memory card and a hard copy of a photo could be scanned and stored in a computer.  I was given the album and I wanted to scan all the photos so that I would have all of them. As well, I started a project to give my parents for Christmas. The project was to do a pencil sketch of oll off us siblings from our grade one pictures and frame them. I got three of them done and they were in the office somewhere but if I was asked, I would not know where to start looking for them.  The sketches turned out really well and I was very satisfied with them.

I am an advid photographer and I had many photos stored on my computer.  As well, included in the boxes of photos in the office were ones I had taken since I was 16 years old. They were a record of many of the trips I had taken, any significant events of myself, my family and friends. They were photos that were imaged on film. The film was taken to a photo printing store and you would wait up to a week to get them printed. Of course that changed to one hour printing which was a great advancement. I loved my photos. When I looked at them I felt blessed. I had done many things and had many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment