Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2015

The hallway was a square space which led to two bedrooms a bathroom and the living room. Boxes were piled against the walls but there was  space to move through the hallway to get to any of the rooms. . The hallway had a linen closet.  The back wall of the linen closet was shared with the bathtub facet plumbing. I could not close the closet door  because I had to take out the shelves to try and get to the bathtub  plumbing  because the tub facet was continuously running water. Contents of the closet layer on the floor of the closet and hallway.  I try to fix the running water problem myself with no success and I sure wasn't going to let anybody into my house to do the job. I solved the tub running water problem by shutting off the water  by a valve I found in the closet. To bathe  I would take a pail of hot water from the kitchen sink to the bathtub, step in the bathtub and give myself a rub down and then pour the water from the pail over myself. I washed my hair the same way however the whole procedure took two trips to the kitchen sink to get hot water and I didn't bathe often because I saw it as too much trouble.

Other than the fact that the tub had no running water,  the bathroom was not too bad.   It was small and nothing was piled on the bathroom floor.  One night, however  before I turned the water off to the bathtub, in a drunken stupor I fell asleep for the whole night while the water in the tub kept running. By morning the bathroom, hallway and some of the bedroom floors were drenched with water which seeped through the floor boards and through the ceiling tiles in the basement. To determine the damage I  pulled up the rug in the hallway to find beautiful hardwood floor underneath however  the hardwood was so drenched with water that it swelled and bubbled up.

The water that dripped through the floor soaked a dresser where I stored hundreds of dollars worth of fabric. This fabric I had purched at one time. I loved the fabric and had plans for every piece but now my hoard of fabric was completely drenched.  As well the water had dripped down a wall and I could see the ridge seperating the wet from the dry wall which extended almost to the floor. I did nothing about the damage of of the flood so eventually mold had formed and spread. The fabric eventually rotted and added to the amount of mold in the house .



Why not do anything abou conditions

No comments:

Post a Comment